Rapid Language Acquisition for the Intelligence Community
The SLI offers an intensive and accelerated language acquisition program in Russian. In just 8 weeks, participants cover the equivalent of 2 years of language study. Students enter the SLI with no prior knowledge of the language and exit with intermediate-level proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Chinese and Arabic Languages
The SLI also offers intensive language acquisition programs in Chinese and Modern Standard Arabic (MSA). The Chinese and Arabic SLI programs cover the equivalent of 1 year of college-level instruction in 8 weeks at two separate levels of instruction. Level 1 targets absolute beginners while Level 2 is for students with some proficiency. Starting in Summer 2014 Colloquial Levantine Arabic was added as an option to the MSA Level 2 course of study.
When can I take classes?
- SLI Programs run from mid-June until mid-August. Classes meet five days a week for seven and a half hours a day.
- Summer session classes run every four weeks starting mid-May and ending mid-August. Classes meet five days a week for 135 minutes.
How do I apply?
- SLI Programs require an application which can be found at the SLI website.
- Summer Session does not require an application, only registration as a Visiting Student. Visit the Summer Session website for the registration link.
What is the cost?
- Information on Tuition and Fees is available here
Can I audit an SLI program?
- No, SLI programs require total commitment for 8 weeks.